The websites fr.samplingmadesimple.com and eu.samplingmadesimple.com (hereafter called ”the Website”) are owned by the ARCADE BEAUTY Group which trades as Arcade Beauty (hereafter called “Arcade Beauty”) and operated by different subsidiaries of Arcade Beauty, in order to provide the SAMPLING MADE SIMPLE services (hereafter called “the Services”) to its European customers.
The present privacy notice (hereafter called “the Privacy Notice”) informs you about how Arcade Beauty uses and looks after the personal data you provide Arcade Beauty with, or which is collected by Arcade Beauty through your use of the Website or of the Services.
Arcade Beauty proceeds to the processing of your personal data, in its quality of controller, in compliance with the mandatory provisions of the European Regulation 2016/679 of April 27th 2016 related to the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereafter called “the GDPR”).
The Privacy Notice only applies to the personal data collected by Arcade Beauty for the purposes of its operation of the Website or of its performance of the Services. If you are using other Arcade Beauty’s services, please refer to the privacy notices applicable to those particular services.
This Website may also include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or establishing those connections may allow third parties to collect and share data about you. Arcade Beauty do not control these third-party websites and is not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave Arcade Beauty’s Website via those links or connections, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of each of these third-party websites.
- Who we are
- Personal data we collect and process
- The purposes and legal basis of our processing
- Marketing communication
- The recipients of your personal data
- Duration of personal data retention
- Where we store personal data
- Transborder data flows
- Your rights
- Changes of business ownership and control
- Changes and amendments to the Privacy Notice
1. Who we are
The Website fr.samplingmadesimple.com or eu.samplingmadesimple.com is owned by Arcade Beauty and operated by its different subsidiaries within the European Union.
The Services are provided to the users of the Website, depending on the type of Services ordered, either by:
- (i) SOCOPOL, a Polish company (spolka z orgraniczona odpowiedzialnoscia) with an issued capital of 11,814,800 PLN, having its registered office located at U. Radzka – Ul. Ksiecia Ziemowita 59 – 03-885 – Warsaw - Poland, registered with the Trade and Companies Register of Poland under number 238 630; or either by
- (ii) SOCOPLAN, a French company (simplified joint-stock company with a single shareholder), with an issued capital of 1 500 000 €, having its registered office located at Route de Parthenay Saint Jean de Thouars 79104 THOUARS Cedex, registered at the Trade and Companies Register of NIORT under number 627 020 373.
Arcade Beauty has nominated a Data Protection Officer responsible for overseeing any problem or question in relation to the processing of your personal data. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, including any requests to exercise your rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the contact details set out below:
- Name of the legal entity of the Data Protection Officer: Bioplan Europe
- E-mail address of the Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
- Postal address of the Data Protection Officer: 44 avenue George V 75008 PARIS
- Telephone number : 01 53 65 62 80
2. Personal data we collect and process
Arcade Beauty collects and processes the following categories of personal data for its operation of the Website and/or its performance of the Services:
- Personal details (such as the name and surname);
- Contact details (such as the postal address, e-mail address, phone number or mobile number);
- Data related to the company you work for (such as the name of the company, the legal information of the company, the name of its officers);
- Demographic information (such as your country and preferred language);
- Transactional details (such as your payment card number, the expiry date of your card number, the authorization number or security code, bank details, delivery address and billing address);
- Purchase information (such as the date of the invoice, the number of the invoice);
- Customer service information (such as customer service inquiries, comments and purchase history);
- Your username and password to your personal account on the Website;
- Marketing information (such as the date of your registration on the Website, the date of your last visit on the Website, your browsing history, as well as the information regarding your personal and professional interests).
Arcade Beauty may also collect other categories of personal data not listed above, after having adequately informed you.
Arcade Beauty may collect such personal data from the following sources:
- Your use of the Website and/or the Services;
- Your orders and purchases of the Services;
- Your communications and interactions with Arcade Beauty;
- Your communications and interactions with Arcade Beauty;
We expressly inform you that Arcade Beauty’s Services are not aimed at children, and that no personal data relating to children are knowingly collected.
3. The purposes and legal basis of our processing
Your personal data is processed by Arcade Beauty for the following purposes:
- To take the actions that are necessary for the performance of the Services;
- The management and monitoring of your communications and interactions with Arcade Beauty;
- The operation, evolution and improvement of Arcade Beauty’s business;
- The reporting of your access to the Website, as well as the measurement of the quality, satisfaction and the traffic of the Website;
- To allow Arcade Beauty to comply with its legal and regulatory obligations;
- The fulfillment of any legitimate interest of Arcade Beauty, except if such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of your personal data.
3.2 Legal basis
Arcade Beauty processes your personal data only if at least one of the following conditions is met:
- You have given your prior consent to the processing of your personal data;
- The existence of a legitimate interest of Arcade Beauty as well as of a legitimate interest of a third party justify that Arcade Beauty performs the concerned processing of your personal data;
- The performance of a contract to which you and Arcade Beauty are parties requires the performance of the processing of your personal data by Arcade Beauty;
- Arcade Beauty has to comply with its legal and regulatory obligations which require the performance of the processing of your personal data.
4. Marketing communication
Arcade Beauty may send you messages (by telephone, post, text and email and other digital means) to help you manage your account and to keep you informed about features of the Services you use.
Arcade Beauty may also send you marketing messages to the e-mail address you communicated, to inform you about products and services (including those of others) that may be of interest to you. Arcade Beauty will ask for your consent for the sending of such marketing messages at the time of your registration, this consent being expressed by the selection of the related checkbox.
You can ask Arcade Beauty to stop or start sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting its Data Protection Officer (see Article 1 of this Privacy Notice) or by following the unsubscribe instructions in Arcade Beauty’s marketing messages.
5. The recipients of your personal data
Your personal data that is collected and processed is destined for Arcade Beauty in its quality of controller within the meaning of the GDPR.
However, some of this data may be disclosed to the following recipients for the purposes of the processing as well as for the purposes of the performance of the Services:
- The affiliated companies of Arcade Beauty doing business under the trade name “Arcade Beauty” as well as their respective parents and subsidiaries worldwide;
- The internal services and employees of Arcade Beauty duly authorized by Arcade Beauty;
- Third party service providers (such as those engaged to host and maintain the Website, the analytics and search engine providers, or the payment processing service providers);
- The eventual processors of Arcade Beauty within the meaning of the GDPR.
Some of your personal data may also be disclosed to authorized third parties or to legislative or regulatory authorities in order for Arcade Beauty to comply with its legal, regulatory or contractual obligations.
The recipients are required to restrict their use of these personal data to the strict purpose for which the data was provided.
Before disclosing your personal data to these recipients, Arcade Beauty takes the necessary steps to ensure that these recipients will protect your personal data in accordance with applicable privacy laws and in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice.
6. Duration of personal data retention
The durations of retention that Arcade Beauty applies to your personal data are proportionate to the purposes of the processing for which that data was collected.
Arcade Beauty consequently organizes its policy of retention of personal data for the duration which is strictly necessary to the processing and to the compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
7. Where we store personal data
SOCOPOL is located in Warsaw, Poland and operates the Services from there. SOCOPLAN is located in Thouars, France, and also operates the Services from there.
Your personal data is stored in the servers of the company SHOPIFY, which are located in the United States of America by the employees or the staff who work for Arcade Beauty, in order to provide the Services to you. However, some contents of the Website may be replicated on local servers closest to your location via the CDN technology (Content Delivery Networks).
8. Transborder data flows
As described in this Privacy Notice, Arcade Beauty may also share your personal data with third-party recipients who are located outside the European Union. In such a case, Arcade Beauty takes all the necessary measures in order to ensure that your personal data is managed carefully and in accordance with the applicable data protection laws, in order to protect your rights and interests.
Those necessary measures include:
- Transfers of your personal data to countries which are recognised as providing an adequate level of legal protection for personal data;
- Transfers to organisations for which Arcade Beauty is satisfied about their data privacy and security standards ,and protected by contractual commitments such as the signing of the Standard Contractual Clauses and, where available, the contracting of further assurances such as certification schemes; and
- Where applicable, the transfer will be made to organizations that are part of the Privacy Shield.
9. Your rights
9.1 Right to information
You expressly recognize that this Privacy Notice informs you about the purposes of the processing, the legal obligations of Arcade Beauty, as well as the recipients or categories of recipients with who your personal data will be shared.
In addition to that information, and with the purpose of guaranteeing fair and transparent processing of your personal data, you acknowledge having received complementary information concerning (i) the duration of retention of your personal data, and (ii) the existence of your rights and how to exercise them.
If Arcade Beauty decides to process personal data for other purposes than those indicated here above, all the information related to these new purposes will be communicated to you.
9.2 Right of access and right to rectification
You have the confirmation that your personal data is, or is not processed, and where it is, and have access to your personal data as well as to the information relating to:
- The purposes of the processing;
- The categories of personal data concerned;
- The recipients or categories of recipients;
- Where it is possible, the envisaged duration of retention of your personal data or, where it is not possible, the criteria used to determine that duration;
- The existence of the right to ask the controller to rectify or erase your personal data, the right to ask for a restriction of the processing of your personal data, the right to data portability, the right to object to the processing;
- The right to introduce a claim with a local data protection supervisory authority;
- Information relating to the sources of the data where they are not collected directly from the data subject;
- The existence of an automated decision-making, including profiling, and in that specific case, the useful information concerning the underlying logic behind it, as well as the importance and the expected consequences of this processing for the data subjects.
You may ask Arcade Beauty to rectify or to complete your personal data if it is inaccurate, incomplete, ambiguous, or obsolete.
9.3 Right to erasure of your personal data
You may ask Arcade Beauty to erase your personal data where one of the following grounds applies:
- Your personal data is no longer necessary in relation for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed;
- You withdraw the consent you previously gave Arcade Beauty;
- You object to the processing of your personal data where there are no legitimate grounds for such processing;
- The processing of personal data is not compliant with the provisions of the relevant legislation and regulation;
- Your persona data has been collected in relation to the offer of information society services to children under age 16.
However, the exercise of this right shall not be possible where the retention of your personal data is necessary in relation to legislation and regulation, and in particular, for instance, for the establishment, the exercise or defense of legal claims.
9.4 Your right to restriction of data processing
You may ask for the restriction of the processing of your personal data in the cases provided by legislation and regulation.
9.5 Your right to object to data processing
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in the cases provided by legislation and regulation.
9.6 Your right to data portability
You have the right to the portability of your personal data.
The data on which this right can be exercised is as follows:
- Only your personal data, which excludes the anonymised data or the data you are not concerned with;
- The declarative personal data as well as the functioning personal data as described previously;
- The personal data which does not infringe the rights and freedoms of third parties, such as those protected by business confidentiality.
This right is limited to the processing based on your consent or on an agreement, as well as to the personal data you personally generated.
This right does not include either the derived data, nor the inferred data, which is personal data generated by Arcade Beauty.
9.7 Your right to withdraw your consent
Where the data processing performed by Arcade Beauty is based on your consent, you may withdraw it at any time. Arcade Beauty will then stop processing your personal data, without the prior processing, to which you consented, being called into question.
9.8 Your right to file a claim
You have the right to file a claim with your local data protection supervisory authority such as Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) in France, and in the UK the Information Commissioner’s Office, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy.
9.9 Your right to define post-mortem instructions
You have the possibility to define instructions relating to the retention, the erasure, and the communication of your personal data after your death, to a certified trusted third party who is in charge of enforcing the will of the deceased person in compliance with the requirements of the applicable legislation and regulation.
9.10 The exercise of your rights
All the rights listed above may be exercised with Arcade Beauty’s Data Protection Officer to the contact details defined in Article 1 of this Privacy Notice.
However, concerning the exercise of the right to information, Arcade Beauty may not have the obligation to answer your request if:
- You already have the information;
- The registration and communication of your personal data are expressly provided by application legislation;
- The communication of information is not possible:
- The communication of information would require disproportionate efforts.
The transmission of information and data via the Internet is not entirely secure. Although Arcade Beauty does its best to protect your personal data, Arcade Beauty cannot guarantee the complete security of such data transmitted to the Website, any transmission being at your own risk. Arcade Beauty follows the security norms that are generally admitted for the protection of the transmission of your personal data.
Once Arcade Beauty has received your personal data, Arcade Beauty uses strict procedures and strict features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
The security of your personal data is a high priority for Arcade Beauty. Arcade Beauty takes all the necessary steps to ensure that your personal data is reasonably stored so that it is protected from unauthorized use or access, misuse, loss, modification or unauthorized disclosure, which includes both physical and electronic security measures.
11. Changes of business ownership and control
Arcade Beauty may, from time to time, expand, reduce or sell its business, and this may involve the transfer of certain divisions or the whole business to other parties.
In such a case, your personal data may, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division to prospective buyers.
The new owner or the new controlling party will assume its entire obligations of controller of the processing, and will strictly comply with the terms of this Privacy Notice in its use of your personal data for the purposes defined in the present Privacy Notice.
Arcade Beauty servers will query your browser to see if there are "cookies" previously set by our Services.
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a Web server to store on a Web browser so it can later be read back from that browser. Cookies may collect information, including a unique identifier, user preferences, profile information, and general usage and volume statistical information. Cookies may also be used to collect individualized website use data, provide Services personalization, or conduct and measure the effectiveness of advertising in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
There are three main categories of cookies:
- Cookies used for technical purposes (which do not require your consent);
- Cookies used for analytics purposes (which in principle require your consent except for some particular types of cookies);
- Cookies used for advertising purposes (which always require your consent).
When you use a web browser to access the Website and the Services, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies.
Please note, however, that some Services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those Services, or certain parts of them. For example, if you turn off cookies or refuse them, you will not be able to make purchases on our Services.
13. Changes and amendments to the Privacy Notice
Arcade Beauty may review and amend the present Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes made to the Privacy Notice will be posted on the Website, and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
You are invited to check back frequently in order to read the updates or changes made to the Privacy Notice.
Last updated: June 15th 2019